The Net has the ability to level the playing field between small and big business with regard to capturing market share. Search marketing – Search engine optimization, Pay per click and viral marketing is the most effective and least expensive approach to driving traffic to a web site. Any type of business with a website can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Marketing. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine marketing in 2006. This represented a 62% increase on the prior year and an 750% increase from 2002. The explanation for this growth concerns the explosive development of the Internet worldwide – a trend that has impacted every industry in every single developed country, producing huge amounts of dollars in revenue for companies using a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Marketing to improve Internet Site Traffic. Search engine marketing (SEM) describes listings and links to websites which are produced on the pages of a search engine directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) whenever a keyword search phrase or phrase is entered. There are two types of results which are produced. Listings at the top and/or right column are sponsored is a result of advertisers who pay every time someone clicks on their ad and visits their website. This is called pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The largest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The 2nd form of search engine rankings are the free organic listings that are produced as a result of content and code on the internet site that match criteria determined by search engines like google- essentially the search engines try to find keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, backlinks and traffic flow. The process of getting webpages to match these criteria is referred to as seo or SEO. The closer the website matches the search engine’s criteria, the higher the ranking order for the internet site. If a web site is not really found on the first or second page of search engine rankings, it is actually unlikely to be found and bring about traffic. A variety of pages on a website may be optimized and discovered through the major search engines. There are hundreds to thousands of search engines like google. The vast majority of searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and often do change with time. This is why it is really an ongoing process to accomplish and keep an excellent pagerank with SEO. When SEO features a presence in forums, blogs, social networking sites, and multimedia directories, the end result is viral marketing – here is where traffic and results become very exciting!
Best Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – A great SEO program will never just generate a high page ranking for keywords, it will drive traffic from a particular target audience to web site pages from a number of sources. These might include links from relevant websites valued by the search engines, forums, blogs, social media sites, multimedia directories and internet based press announcements. The sum total of all of this marketing generates a viral effect causing high search engine results and explosive internet site traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Keyword research and analysis to determine keywords which are searched in significant numbers and relevant to the web site’s potential audience.
2. Incorporating an XML site map in order that search engines like google can crawl the net site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich web pages towards the existing website based upon targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for each and every page of the website to make every page internet search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the net site to niche directories to get valuable one way links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles focused on targeted keywords.
7. Creating a blog for that internet site and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engines like google.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines and other informative sites to obtain one way links in addition to relevant traffic for the website.
9. Exchanging links with some other relevant internet sites to boost back links for that website.
10. Taking part in niche Blogs & Forums to have quality back-links and traffic.
11. Creating a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Making a presence in Social networks.
13. Taking part in Video Sharing using video that showcases the internet site’s mission, purpose, brand and unique selling position.
14. Feed creation and submission to varied RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in all content produced for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications based on traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes web pages will produce limited results. I actually have personally seen companies charge a lot of money and stuff keywords into pages that no individual would read. They may get noticed orgnls the major search engines but individuals will be off that site in a heartbeat. In essence effective marketing copy in everything that is produced for the project.
Most SEO companies usually do not include most of these viral marketing concepts inside their program. Applying this set of criteria when shopping around for a company to accomplish your SEO will help you to get the most value for the money you would spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing will be your most productive marketing investment.